Friday, June 24, 2011

Can we say punctual!

I intended to start blogging once Katelyn was born, but sleep deprivation and being a new mom got the best of me. I'm going to take a stab at it now. It's better late than never.

Labor started at 1:30 am while Allen and I were in bed. I woke him up and said I'm not sure, but I think I am having contractions!! Are you ready to be a daddy?! Sure enough as the cramps grew more intense, I knew baby K was on her way. We arrived at the hospital at 4:00 am and Katelyn Alexis made her debut on April 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm weighing in at 7 pounds and 3 ounces and 20 inches long. She was a pretty punctual baby since she arrived on her due date! Labor was pretty difficult and traumatic. Let's just say it included back labor, 3 1/2 hours of pushing, an almost C-section, an episiotomy, and her being vacuumed out. But it was all worth it! We fell in love with her the moment we saw her.







No comments:

Post a Comment