Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 months old

K turned 3 months old today.  It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and she was still in the womb. Today we went to Tiburon and celebrated Auntie Alice's birthday at Sam's cafe. It was a nice outdoor restaurant overlooking the water. We enjoyed clam chowder and dungeness crab sandwiches.

This morning K napped in her crib for two and a half hours straight. Her naps are becoming longer in her crib. Before she would sleep 30 mins in the crib, wake up and then I would rock her and put her back down in the crib and she would wake up within 5 mins.  As a result, I would end up holding her to sleep for another hour to an hour and a half after since I knew she was still tired and needed her beauty rest.  This past week I tried not holding her for her naps anymore to give my hands a break and so I can get some housework done as well. When she woke up in her crib, I let her toss and turn and eventually she fell back asleep. Hopefully her long naps in the crib continue! Maybe it's a sign she is growing up.

Happy 3 months

No comments:

Post a Comment