Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wide Awake

This afternoon I went to Target with K and she took a really short nap in the stroller. When I got home and fed her, she was pretty tired. She was constantly rubbing her eyes, so I knew it time for another nap. I swaddled her and I typically rock her for a few minutes to help her fall asleep. Today she was fighting the nap when I was rocking her, so I thought ok then you go to sleep on your own. I laid her down in her crib wide awake and closed her door. I could hear and see her in the monitor playing and giggling. She didn't cry and after 15 minutes...she fell asleep on her own! I couldn't believe it!  Maybe now she is ready to sleep on her own through the night which would make sleep training so much easier! Fingers crossed!!!




I snuck into her room to get a photo of her sleeping. This was definitely a proud mommy moment! Auntie Ali taught me to leave one arm unswaddled, so K can learn to soothe herself. K ended up napping for almost two hours





No comments:

Post a Comment