Friday, August 26, 2011

Withdrawal

There is about a week left before I return to work.  I have been on maternity leave since April 1st and the 4 months I have spent with K have gone by so fast! I am starting to have withdrawal and separation anxiety from K. K will be attending daycare at Lolitas. The daycare is in South SF. It is 7 mins from our place and another 10 mins from work. I was recommended to Lolita from my girlfriend, Hazel who absolutely loves/raves about the place and said K would be in really good hands. But I can't help feeling, will K will be happy and like it there? I'm leaving her with a stranger, so I wonder how things will go. As a mother, all I want is for my child is for her to be happy, healthy and thrive.  I thought about it and there are many benefits of K going to daycare:
  1. She will have be around other infants and toddlers and will develop her social skills.
  2. She will build up her immune system (this is good and bad- it could mean she gets sick more often now, but hopefully in the long run she will get sick less often once she attends preschool)
  3. I am getting a full paycheck and can provide K a better quality of life.
  4. I will be working with adults and have grown up conversations.
K will do fine. I think it's harder for me than her. Plus Lolita has been taking care of children for 16 years. I'm sure I can learn a thing or two from her. We are bringing K three days early to daycare next week to help her get adjusted...we will see how it goes.  I'm just going to really miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment